Prostate Cancer Foundation’s goal is always to deliver the most cutting-edge treatments and information to families dealing with prostate cancer. As such, they have committed to updating the patient guide to reflect the very latest research and discoveries for patients.
This is the second round of updates for 2019. Changes include:
- Updated information on active surveillance
- Revised guidance on when to start discussions of screening with physician aligned with NCCN recommendations (age 40 for African Americans, age 45 for average-risk men)
- Additional details on indications for, and side effects of, second-generation anti-androgen drugs, including late-breaking approval of darolutamide for non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer
- Expanded section on treatment of metastatic hormone-sensitive prostate cancer
- Information on commercially available genetic testing
- Guidance on talking to your insurance company
Download an updated digital copy today and then be sure to provide feedback.