The 2018 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium event featured groundbreaking research among members of the cancer care and research community who diagnose, treat, and study genitourinary malignancies.
Click on the below links to view conference proceedings on
FDA has approved the FoundationOne CDx (F1CDx) cancer biomarker assay concurrently with a decision from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to provide insurance coverage for the next-generation sequencing (NGS)-based in vitro diagnostic (IVD) test.
FDA Approves Foundation Medicine’s FoundationOne CDx™, the First and Only Comprehensive Genomic Profiling Test for All Solid Tumors Incorporating Multiple Companion Diagnostics.
Read more about it here
US Too Prostate Cancer Panel Discussion and Webcast on Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Presented by: Bayer
- Sponsored by: Dendreon and Jannsen Oncology
- In Kind Sponsor: Los Padres
- Guest Speakers:
- Dr. Edwin Morales – Urology Specialist, San Antonio
- Dr. Michael Liss – Urologist, Urologic Oncologist, and Lead Prostate Cancer Researcher at UT Health, San Antonio
- Dr. Vijay K. Gunuganti – Medical Oncologist at Texas Oncology
- Moderator: Dr. Juan A. Reyna – Staff Physician at Audie L. Murphy Memorial VA Hospital; and Clinical Faculty at UT Health
Watch the recording here
Dr. Mark Scholz participated in a tumor board session with a discussion of Prostate Cancer Cases at El Camino Hospital in November 2017.
- Robert Sinha, MD, Medical Director of Radiation Oncology
- Frank Lai, MD, Urological Oncologist/Robotic Surgeon, El Camino Hospital
- Steven Kurtzman, MD, Radiation Oncologist, Director of Prostate Brachytherapy, El Camino Hospital
- Shane Dormady, MD PhD, Medical Director of Oncology, El Camino Hospital
- Mark Scholz, MD, Medical Oncology, Director of Prostate Cancer Specialists, Founder of Prostate Cancer Research Institute
View the recording of the event here
In line with previously reported data, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the used of a 20 mg/ml dose of cabazitaxel (Jevtana) in the treatment of men with metastatic, castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC). However, the use of this dose of cabazitaxel is currently approved only for men who have previously been treated with docetaxel-based chemotherapy.
Read more here on Prostate Cancer InfoLink
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today granted accelerated approval to a treatment for patients whose cancers have a specific genetic feature (biomarker). This is the first time the agency has approved a cancer treatment based on a common biomarker rather than the location in the body where the tumor originated.
Read more on fda.gov